When Should I Apply a Fungicide to My Lawn?
Fungicides can play a vital role in managing and preventing lawn diseases. However, to achieve optimal results, it’s essential to choose the appropriate product that suits your circumstances and apply it at the right time. To help you figure out when to apply a fungicide to your lawn, here’s what you need to know about the different product types.
When to Use Curative Fungicide Treatments
Curative fungicides are what most people think of when they imagine a fungal treatment. These are designed to kill any fungus that is actively invading your lawn, and you should only use them if you notice signs of a fungal problem such as:
- Brown patches: One telltale sign of lawn fungus is brown or yellowing patches across your grass. These patches are usually circular or have an irregular pattern.
- Visible fungal growth: Not all fungi are visible immediately, but in some instances, you might be able to see the growth. It may look moldy, powdery, or slimy.
- Wilting grass: As your turf’s health declines due to the fungus, it may wilt and thin. Your lawn could also have a spongy or squishy texture.
- Decaying odor: Many lawn fungi emit a musty or foul odor, especially if they’re causing your grass to decay. If you notice an unpleasant smell around your lawn, it may be fungus.
- Discoloration: In addition to brown patches, you might notice streaks in your lawn that look yellowish, tan, or even grayish if there is fungus present.
It’s worth mentioning that some of these signs might actually indicate a different turf health issue. Instead of immediately resorting to curative fungicide treatment, we suggest consulting a certified lawn care specialist.
These professionals can help pinpoint the root causes affecting your lawn’s well-being and advise you on the most appropriate product for your specific requirements. They can also offer valuable assistance when it comes to the application, guaranteeing your lawn gets the precise care it needs for a full recovery and robust growth.
Need Lawn Care? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
When to Use Preventative Fungal Treatments
Preventative fungicides are formulated to create an unwelcome environment for various fungi in your lawn. When applied to a healthy lawn, they act as a barrier against fungal growth and disease, particularly when combined with natural preventive measures such as reducing excess moisture. However, we recommend holding off on applying a preventative treatment if your lawn is:
- Overly damp
If your lawn is experiencing fungal growths and you can’t figure out what’s causing the problem, get in touch with Florida Pest Control. Our experts can help you identify the root cause of the health issues and help you choose a great product for your needs. They can also assist with application to ensure your lawn has everything it needs to recover and thrive.