Taking care of a lawn is already hard enough, let alone having to deal with lawn-destroying pests! Unfortunately, lawn insects are very common here in Florida. A lawn pest problem can quickly turn any green healthy lawn into something much more difficult to take care of.
Whether you are starting to notice chinch bug activity or want to prevent lawn pests altogether, Florida Pest Control can help. Homeowners and businesses have relied on our lawn insect control services for over 70 years. Our specialists will inspect your lawn, determine the type of pest you’re dealing with, and provide effective treatment to get rid of them quickly.
Do I Need Lawn Insect Control?
There are various pests that can damage your lawn, some of which are resistant to common pesticides, including chinch bugs. A single lawn pest problem can cause damage and impact the overall health and longevity of turf. Common lawn insects in our area feed on grassroots and stems, which not only ruins existing grass but inhibits new growth as well. This is why it’s important to work with a company experienced in lawn insect control. At Florida Pest Control, our exterminators will work with you to implement a professional lawn insect control program to help prevent pest infestations.
Need a Pest Control Estimate?
Common Types of Lawn Pests in Florida
- Grubs: Damage from grubs will begin with wilted grass blades, followed by brown patches and eventually dead grass.
- Chinch bugs: When they feed by sucking on grass blades, chinch bugs produce a coagulant that causes grass to stop absorbing water, causing it to eventually die.
- Sod webworms: These pests eat grass blades and stems at night and hide during the day. Their damage will include brown patches and tunnels at the turf level.
- Armyworm: These pests eat grass blades and entire stems, typically in the early morning, at night, or in the evening. As armyworms eat grass, they’ll create circular bare spots.
- Cutworm: When eating grass stems at night, cutworms will bite them until they completely break off. Their damage will include dead spots on your lawn.
- Aphids: As they feed, aphids suck out the juice from plant blades. In doing so, they are responsible for killing off a portion of your lawn.
- Whiteflies: To determine whether you have whitefly damage, look for wilted, drooping leaves on plants that are covered in honeydew excrement.
- Mealy bugs: These pests weaken plants and grass by sucking the blades and stems. This leaves plants with wilted, discolored stems.
Local Lawn Insect Control Experts
Lawn insect damage generally goes unnoticed until it’s too late. Fortunately, you can quickly control and prevent lawn insects by working with a lawn insect exterminator. At Florida Pest Control, we have a unique knowledge of common Florida lawn insects. We’ll treat your lawn using safe and environmentally friendly solutions so you and your family can continue to enjoy your outdoor space pest-FREE! Contact us today for our lawn control services.Back to Lawn Care Services