How to keep mice away in Florida
No one wants to deal with a rodent infestation in their home or business, which is why it’s so important to learn how to prevent mice in the first place. The key to mouse prevention is to make your home less attractive to rodents in the first place. Some of the best ways to keep mice away include:
- Seal cracks and crevices around your home
- Eliminate mositure problems
- Securely store all food inside
- Limit potential nesting materials
Best Tips to Keep Mice & Rats Away
Rodents won’t bother trying to get inside your home if they aren’t drawn to it in the first place. That’s why the key to preventing rodents is to make your property less appealing to them to begin with. By implementing prevention, you won’t have to worry about getting rid of an infestation down the line. The best tips to keep mice away inside are as follows.
- Make your property impenetrable. Install door sweeps, repair damaged screens, and seal any cracks or crevices that could be an easy entry point for rats and mice.
- Avoid leaks or moisture issues. Leaky pipes or moisture problems draw all types of pests indoors, rodents included. Quickly address any issues to ensure your property is well-ventilated.
- Store all food properly. Rodents are scavengers that are drawn to food inside your home. Keep all your food in the pantry sealed in airtight plastic or glass containers.
- Limit rodent nesting areas. To keep mice away, limit their chances of nesting in or near your home. Avoid clutter and break down cardboard boxes in your basement, attic, and other areas.
Do You Have a Rodent Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Do Mice Repellents Work?
At any store, you’ll see a variety of mouse repellents on the shelves. But do they actually work? Contrary to what the products may claim, store-bought repellents are rarely an answer to keeping rodents away. While some smells may repel mice, these pests are going to get indoors if they need food, water, or shelter. For that reason, it’s important to always make your home less appealing to mice and rats.
Keeping Rodents Out of Your Home
No one wants to share their home with rats or mice. To keep these pests away from your Florida home or business for good, it’s best to get in touch with your local rodent exterminators for help. A professional will know exactly how to make your property impenetrable to rodents all year long.