How Can I Prevent Termites Naturally?
Wondering if you can prevent termites using all-natural or DIY methods? While some natural or DIY methods can possibly repel termites, they are not strong enough to get rid of a termite infestation.
Common DIY or natural termite prevention methods include orange oil, cardboard traps, diatomaceous earth, and boric acid. While some of these methods can possibly repel termites, they are insufficient when it comes to controlling an active infestation.
Can I Get Rid of Termites Naturally?
It’s easy to understand why some people want to gravitate toward DIY or all-natural products when it comes to pest prevention. Unfortunately, these methods will not work to get rid of an active infestation in your home or business. Termite infestations can be massive, and DIY control is typically not an option. To get rid of termites that are actively infesting your home in Florida. it’s important to get the industry’s best termite treatments administered by trained termite control experts.
Do You Have a Termite Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
5 Types of Natural Termite Prevention
Most DIY termite control options will not work to get rid of termites. However, there are a few that can possibly help repel termites and other pests in your home. These include:
- Diatomaceous earth: Used to control many types of garden pests, this can be mixed with soil, water, or paint to help keep termites away.
- Nematodes: Certain groups of parasitic nematodes are known to feed on termites, making them a natural form of biological control.
- Cardboard traps: These are often effective because they contain the cellulose that attracts termites. The hope is that any nearby termites will gather near the trap, which can then be disposed of by burning.
- Orange oil: This can be sprayed into high-risk areas for termites, including crawl spaces and attics.
- Boric acid: Available in liquid or dust form, boric acid works to kill termites and other pests in or near the home.
Professional Termite Prevention Services in Florida
The best way to prevent termites naturally is to work with a professional termite control company. Termite exterminators like those with Florida Pest Control can regularly inspect your property, implement termite prevention, and work with you year-round to keep your Florida home or business safe from termites.