How Do You Prevent Termites From Spreading in Florida?
The key to avoiding a full-blown termite infestation is to know how to catch the early signs of a problem. This is best done by making your home less attractive to termites and having regular inspections with a professional termite control company.
To prevent termites, get rid of excess moisture in the home by fixing leaky pipes, cleaning up debris, fixing damaged wood, and more. If you already have termites in or around your home, contact a professional termite exterminator right away who can stop the infestation from spreading.
How to Keep Termites From Spreading
The key to stopping the spread of termites is to learn how to make your home or business less attractive to the pests in the first place. The top five ways to stop the spread of termites are as follows.
- Store piles of lumber or firewood away from the foundation of your home, and quickly remove decaying or rotten wood.
- Regularly inspect your deck, patio, or outdoor furniture for signs of damage.
- Get rid of dead trees and branches from areas surrounding your yard.
- Eliminate sources of standing water in or near the home. Quickly fix leaky faucets or broken water pipes.
- Ensure your yard has good drainage, avoid excess mulch, and clean out your gutters regularly.
Do You Have a Termite Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Can I Get Termites From My Infested Neighbor?
It’s easy to see your neighbor’s home treated for termites and panic that you might now have them, too. This is not always the case. Regardless, it’s a good reason to get peace of mind by contacting your local termite control experts for an inspection to be on the safe side. With preventative termite services and regular inspections, you can reduce your risk of a termite infestation down the road. Whether you need to prevent termites or stop them from spreading in your Florida property, the termite exterminators at Florida Pest Control can help.