How Do I Get Rid of Termites?
If you want to get rid of termites completely and effectively, it’s essential to hire a professional termite control company. Getting rid of these pests on your own can be extremely difficult and even dangerous, which is why it’s always best to get professional treatment.
Your professional termite exterminator will always inform you of the best option for you. In general, baiting stations, liquid treatments, and fumigation are considered the most common ways to get rid of termites on your property. Some provide long-term protection against termites.
Can I Get Rid of Termites on My Own?
If you want termites gone, you’re not going to be able to get rid of them on your own. Needless to say, DIY or all-natural treatments are rarely strong enough to control an infestation. Termite control requires the knowledge, experience, and skills possessed by a professional who can effectively treat any termites in your property.
Common DIY termite control options include traps and baiting, orange oil, heat or cold treatments, boric acid, and more. These options may be handy in preventing termites, but they’ll never work to control an entire infestation. In order to control a termite problem, always enlist the help of a professional termite exterminator.
Do You Have a Termite Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Top Termite Treatments
Liquid termiticides, bait stations, and fumigation are considered the gold standards for getting rid of termites. Here’s how they work:
- Liquid Termite Treatments
- Liquid treatments are known to provide long-term protection from termites; some last up to 13 years.
- These treatments are low-odor, easily tracked by termites, and control other types of pests.
- Liquid treatments rarely need to be reapplied by your pest control company.
- Bait stations are installed in the ground above your home. The scientifically engineered bait begins working to destroy any active colonies.
- The active ingredient in this engineered bait, which is nearly ten times more attractive to termites than wood, works to prevent termites from maturing. When the termites are unable to molt, they will die.
- Ongoing service and inspections by a professional will ensure the baiting system continues to work month after month and year after year.
- The property will be completely covered and sealed using tarps. A chemical gas will be administered, and fans will be used in order to thoroughly circulate the gas throughout the house.
- These fumigants will completely kill off termites in every stage of life.
- After fumigation, the gas is cleared out using fans and opened ventilation areas around the tarps.
Long-Term Termite Treatment in Florida
If you think termites are going to go away on their own, think again. As soon as you spot any signs of termites in your Florida property, don’t wait to call a professional pest control company. Although you might see articles online about DIY termite control, it simply is not an option when you already have an infestation. The experts at Florida Pest Control are standing by to help you get rid of termites once and for all!