Bugs in the bathroom are never a welcome sight. You want your bathroom to be your own sanctuary—and, preferably, a bug-free zone! Unfortunately, pests of all kinds love to dwell in bathrooms. This is because a bathroom provides shelter, water, and even food for insects to feast on. In order to avoid the discovery of bugs infiltrating your Florida home’s bathroom, it’s important to learn not only what bugs are drawn to that room, but also what you can do to get rid of them for good. The experts at Florida Pest Control are here to share everything you need to know. Read on to learn more!
Common Bathroom Bugs in Florida Homes
Out of all rooms in a home, bathrooms are one of the most susceptible to pest problems. After all, leaky pipes, showers, and sinks provide precisely the environment many pests require to survive and reproduce. The culprits behind most bathroom pest problems are as follows:
- Cockroaches. Roaches love filth and feed on sewer and drain sludge. They easily get into your bathroom through plumbing fixtures.
- Centipedes. These long, spindly insects feed on other small insects that are common in bathrooms and love a humid environment.
- Drain Flies. Just as their name suggests, drain flies are found around drains. They often appear when there is a plumbing problem in the main sewer line.
- Spiders. As predators, spiders like to prey on the smaller insects often found in your bathroom areas.
- Silverfish. These nocturnal insects are typically found around sewers or drains, and prefer to feed on mildew and mold.
- Ants. A small ant problem can quickly turn into a large one if ants have found a source of food or water in your bathroom.
How to Get Rid of Bugs in Your Bathroom
The key to bathroom bug control is prevention! By eliminating the things that attract bathroom pests in the first place, you can avoid dealing with a full-blown cockroach or ant infestation. First, it’s crucial to quickly address any leaky pipes or plumbing issues that are contributing to the humid, moist environment. Consider using a dehumidifier from time to time to aid in this process. Lastly, clean your bathroom on a regular basis! By reducing clutter and cleaning every square inch of your bathroom from top to bottom, you can keep an eye out for early signs of a pest problem.
Need Bathroom Bug Control?
No homeowner wants to encounter pests in their home, let alone their bathroom. If you are noticing endless pests in your bathroom, you may have an infestation on your hands. It’s always best to enlist the help of a professional pest control company that can not only get rid of bathroom bugs but keep them away for good. Contact us today to get started!